So Many Ways To Donate!

SO MANY WAYS TO DONATE!!

1. You can join in the fundraisers I will be hosting;
2. Give money to me in person;
3. Give a one-time donatation directly to
SNAP (click here) online with PayPal;
4. Send a check to SNAP at PO BOX 235287, Encinitas CA 92023. Please put my name in the subject line of the check; or
5. Commit to a monthly donation amount of your choice, Click Here!

Important: If you send the money to SNAP, please let me know so I can update the progress tracker!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Great start – now it really begins!

I’m still waiting for confirmation on amounts of a couple donations this week, but we either hit or are very near $800. That is awesome considering this is a 2012 resolution, so I’ll take an $800 head start for sure! That’s 6% already down! Thanks to everyone who has made a contribution.

This last Friday I started my day with my friend Heather at the SNAP Neuter Scooter. It was interesting to see the process and hear about some of the difficulties the organization has just marketing their services, since many of the low-income people they serve don’t have internet. It was great to see animals being checked in. knowing each one being fixed would prevent others being homeless in the future. We started early and ended early, and I think it is something I will do more often since I finished in time to begin my workday.
It has been touching to see friends of friends donating, meaning people are sharing the cause. I thank each & every one of you.  Also, I added a link above in case you want to be an ongoing “Pal” and sign up for a monthly contribution amount of your choice.

For 2012, here’s some activities I know we will do so far…
  • In February we will be having a “Hooters Neuters” fundraiser, where if you come in to Hooters with my special advertised code in that day, 20% of your bill will be donated to SNAP. I will be blasting this out on Facebook once the date is confirmed.
  • In March the La Jolla Comedy Store is giving us a Tuesday night charity show. Usually you pay a $10 admission, but instead that $10 will be donated to SNAP. I will also bring my homemade dog cookies & cakes, with the recipe, available for anyone that wants to make an extra donation.
That’s it for this week – I hope everyone had great holidays, and let’s see what we can do together to help reduce animal homelessness and euthanasia in 2012!

PS – right before I posted this, I got a message from the ASPCA about a cat they have had in their NYC shelter for 635 days. It’s amazing that organizations like this exist to keep animals until they have a home, but that’s no life for a kitty who needs daily snuggles! Please, adopt rescue animals, spay & neuter!

No comments:

Post a Comment